App on the phone
From Cycling around the world
A non-exhaustive list of applications & websites that may be useful during your trip
- WWOOF : connect people who want to live and learn on organic farms and smallholdings with people who are looking for volunteer help.
- HelpX : Online listing of farms, homestays, B&Bs, etc. who invite volunteer helpers to stay with them short-term in exchange for food and accommodation.
- TalkTalkbnb : Find free accommodation With locals, by practicing your language with them.
- Find a crew : Global online network to connect matching boat and crew members directly.
- WhatsApp : Join the group "Cycle the World Q&A"
- Telegram : Join the group @hellobikeworld
- Discord : Join the group "Bicycle Touring"
- Maps Baidu : Only in Chinese. Very convenient for travelling in China
- OsmAnd : Global mobile map viewing and navigation for online and offline OSM Maps
- Bikemap : Plan your trip
- Pocketearth : Offline maps & travel guide
- Download free maps for Garmin
- Memrise : The best app to learn more than 188 languages
- Hello Chinese : A good way to learn Chinese
- Google Translate : Possible to download some languages to use offline
- Pleco : Chinese dictionaries
- Skyscanner : To compare & book your flight
- Naver : In Korean only, but very usefull to travel in the country. You have all the bike path, and all the bus/train/metro line