How to use a VPN
What is a VPN?
A VPN, or Virtual Private Network, is a secure tunnel between two or more devices. VPNs are used to protect private web traffic from snooping, interference, and censorship. It allow you to :
- Hide your IP address and location
- Encrypt your communications
- View blocked websites from anywhere
- Avoid censorship and surveillance
Why using a VPN?
If you’re taking a trip around the world and plan on accessing the internet (including basics such as email and social media) while you’re on the road, you may need to use a VPN because countries block some website.
Take a look at this map to know where you will need a VPN : Internet Censorship Around the Globe
Which VPN ?
List of some VPN used by travelers :
- ExpressVPN : 99,95$ for 12 months
- NordVPN : 69$ for 12 months
- CyberGhost : 59,88$ for 12 months
- Opera VPN : free
You can also create your own VPN : Link
You will found informations about all the VPN and how to choose the one for you